Thursday, March 3, 2011

second opinion

Okay it's been quite a while since writing but a lot has been going on. None of the chemo treatments have worked so far. Our oncologist in Omaha said that it would be okay if Marie decided to stop any further treatments and just live life. He did assure us that if she wanted treatments, he would do them as long as they didn't hurt her or reduce her quality of life. We thanked him for his honesty and asked him to check with MD Anderson to get their opinion of the situation. I felt that would be our way of getting a second opinion.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

options

Okay I finally got word from our oncologist late yesterday. We have some options, although none of them right now seem to be very promising. He felt that we might want to go back to Houston for a consultation so that we really understand the good and bad of each option.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

no word

Marie continues to tire out quicker than in the past. No word from the medicals yet.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

changes

Wow, I wonder what's taking so long. I'm seeing some changes in Marie. More difficulty in getting out of a chair, bouts of vomiting, memory problems.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

nothing

I know you won't believe it but we still have not heard MD Anderson's opinion on Marie's last MRI. That's all I have to say at this point...

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

physical

Tomorrow Marie will have a complete physical with our family physician. It's important to have a doctor watching her from now on in case there are no more treatments in store for Marie. This way our family doctor will have a good representation of her current health and then be able to judge changes as they occur whether they are due to the tumor or future treatment.

If the tumors continue to grow, then I would expect all the original symptoms and problems to occur. With a medical professional following her condition, as it changes, we will be better prepared to deal with things as they happen.

unforeseen

Okay I received a message from Marie's oncologist in Omaha. MD Anderson had an unforeseen delay in Marie's case. We should have some news soon. This is when it's fortunate that it's a slower growing tumor.